Some congratulations are in order for Central Oregon beer makers. Several local breweries took home top honors at the 2023 World Beer Cup Awards.
Here’s a look at the Central Oregon brewery awards (Place – drink – category):
- Gold – Gindulgence – Specialty Berliner-Style Weisse
- Gold – Cucumber Crush – Field Beer
- Gold – BeeLoved – Honey Beer
- Silver – Baywindow – German-Style Sour Ale
- Gold – Wild Gravity – Session India Pale Ale
- Silver – Old Normal – Brown Porter
- Bronze – Sensationator – Wood- and Barrel-Aged Beer
- Gold – Something Dank This Way Comes – American-Style Strong Pale Ale
- Silver – Mocha Cow – Coffee Stout or Porter
- Silver – Applied Science – American-Style India Pale Ale
“This is actually our second gold. We had our first gold way back in 2016 with one of our flagship beers as far as tale half advising, but that being sometime in the past, it’s really nice to get back there and perform on this level again,” said Brett Thomas with Sunriver Brewing.
(Editor’s note: If we missed any Central Oregon brewers that made the list, please reach out to us — firstname.lastname@example.org)