A woman died Saturday in a Prineville mobile home fire, according to officials.
Crews responded to the Juniper Canyon doublewide on SE Wintoon Road around 9:45 p.m. and found two men who lived on the property had put out a majority of the fire with a garden hose.
Division Chief Russell Deboodt said crews were able to get into the home and found the front half heavily damaged by fire and the rest of the home damaged by heat and smoke.
Crews accessed the living room where the woman was reported to have been sleeping and confirmed that she was dead inside.
Deboodt said the fire was an accident; the woman had a history of smoking in bed and was on supplemental oxygen.
Evidence at the scene indicated that careless smoking was the most probable cause of the fire, Deboot said.