Tumalo shed destroyed after burn barrel fire spreads in high winds

A shed was destroyed Tuesday in Tumalo after a burn barrel fire spread to the structure.

Bend Fire Crews responded to the fire at 20960 Hicrest Place around 11:45 a.m. and found the outbuilding engulfed.

Crews were able to quickly extinguish the blaze without additional resources, said Bend Fire & Rescue Spokeswoman Trish Connolly.

Investigators discovered the fire started in a burn barrel and high winds caused it to spread to the shed.

The total loss was about $5,000.

The occupant who started the burn barrel was cited because burning is closed in Bend and Redmond due to high winds.

Bend Fire & Rescue would like to remind residents that every time before burning to call the burn line to ensure burning is open.

Burning will be shut down anytime winds are predicted to be above 20 MPH.

FacebooktwittermailFacebooktwittermail

Top Local Stories

  541.749.5151

co-daily

Loading...