It’s what many kids – and parents – have been waiting all summer for….the opening of Juniper’s activity pool.
The pool has been closed since March; it typically opens on Memorial Day.
It currently has a 50-person max capacity, which is well below the few hundred that typically would cool off on a hot summer day.
Visitors will have designated on-deck spaces for required social distancing. On the grassy areas, they’re marked with white circles.
Even with the risks, visitors today said they were thankful for the opportunity to get outside.
Family Swim is offered in the outdoor activity pool and indoor pools in 80-minute sessions from mid-morning to early evening Monday to Saturday.
All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 16 years or older during Family Swim. Adults in each household are responsible for monitoring and maintaining distancing from other households.
Reservations are made online at bendparksandrec.org/juniperreservations or by phone at (541) 389-7665 and require a household account with Bend Park and Recreation District.
Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance, and remain open until 15 minutes prior to session start time – based on availability.
Additional details to know about Family Swim:
- You may arrive to a session up to 10 minutes early.
- Come ready to swim – wearing swimwear and shower before arriving. Locker rooms are not available except for bathroom use and hand washing.
- Participants and visitors to the outdoor activity pool and surrounding outdoor spaces are not required to wear a face covering. If an individual goes indoors, a face covering is required for anyone over the age of 12 or unless a medical condition or disability prevents a person from wearing a face covering. Face coverings are also not required when doing strenuous physical exercise (i.e. swimming, fitness class, weight room use, etc.)
- Limit personal belongings and do not bring pool toys from home. Coast Guard-approved personal floatation device (PFD or life jacket) is allowed from home.
- Skip food and beverages, except for full water bottle. Bottle fill stations available indoors, but water fountains and for-purchase beverages are not available.
- Be prepared to leave without changing clothes.