Central Oregonians are stepping up to provide holiday cheer for seniors in need.
Home Instead Senior Care runs the “Be a Santa to a Senior” program in Central Oregon with trees up around the region featuring numerous tags, each representing a need.
The local program is now in its 11th year and keeps growing.
Gloria Rockwell, with Home Instead Senior Care, says many of the seniors who receive gifts don’t have family in the area, “The seniors in our community are often forgotten and it feels good to be able to help them feel remembered and feel like they’re still cared about,” Rockwell said. Trees will be up through Monday, December 9th.
Gifts should be purchased and left under the tree, unwrapped, with the tag attached.
Trees are on display through Dec. 9 at the following location:
- Home Instead Senior Care – Central Oregon, 296 SW Columbia St., Suite C, Bend, OR
- Bend Senior Center, 1600 SE Reed Market Road, Bend, OR
- Fred Meyer, 61535 South Hwy 97, Bend, OR
- Partners in Care, 2075 NE Wyatt Court, Bend, OR
- The Loft, 919 NW Bond St, Bend, OR
- Cascade Lakes Lodge, 1441 SW Chandler Avenue #100, Bend, OR
- Double Tree by Hilton, 300 NW Franklin Avenue, Bend, OR
- La Pine Senior Activity Center, 16450 Victory Way, La Pine, OR
- Ericksons Thriftway, 561 SW 4th Street, Madras, OR
- Prineville Soroptimist Senior Center, 180 NE Belknap Street, Prineville, OR
- Redmond Senior Center, 325 NW Dogwood Avenue, Redmond, OR
- Fred Meyer, 944 SW Veterans Way, Redmond, OR
- Consumer Cellular, 2999 SW 6th Street, Redmond, OR
- First American Title Insurance Company, 178 S Elm Street, Suite 102, Sisters, OR
- Heart n’ Home Hospice, 745 Northwest Mount Washington Drive Ste 205, Bend, OR
- Jefferson County Senior Center, 860 SW Madison St, Madras, OR
- Westside Church, 2051 NW Shevlin Park Rd., Bend, OR
- The Alexander, 1125 NE Watt Way, Bend, OR