Mt. Bachelor says its new Skyliner Express 6-pack chairlift will make its debut Tuesday morning.
The resort says the Skyliner Lot will not open until 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday. Do not try to get in early or attempt to form a line at the gate.
There will be festivities ahead of the opening:
- 7:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.: Free burritos, coffee, hot cocoa, commemorative Skyliner Express giveaways, 50% off Deschutes 6-pack promotion – all while supplies last
- 8:45 a.m.: Speech by President and GM John Merriman and ceremonial ribbon cutting
- 8:55 a.m.: First chair, Skyliner Express opens for the season
The resort held a contest over the weekend on its social media channels for people to win a coveted golden ticket to ride the first chair.
Quick facts about Skyliner from Mt. Bachelor
- Lift Type: Doppelmayr 6-CLD UNIG lift. A 6-pack high speed detachable lift
- The original lift was built in 1989 and is a Doppelmayr High speed quad
- A 6-pack increases uphill capacity and the weight of the chairs improves the ability for the chair to run in windy conditions
- Old Skyliner uphill capacity: 2400/hr
- New Skyliner uphill capacity: 3000/hr