Mt. Bachelor on Tuesday announced an update to its “Passholder Promise” that will address any potential COVID-related interruptions during this summer or upcoming winter seasons.
“This is such a dynamic situation and while no one can predict what will happen we want to provide our guests with coverage so that they can look ahead to next winter with confidence and excitement,” said John McLeod, president and general manager. “We created the Passholder Promise to build confidence in the future and retain the trust and loyalty of our guests. The In-Season COVID-19 Coverage is meant to provide passholders with the greatest level of confidence possible.”
If the minimum threshold of Mt. Bachelor being closed because of COVID-19 for 18 summer days or 30 winter days or more, or there is a 7 or more consecutive day COVID-19-related closure between summer and winter operations is met, season passholders will automatically receive a voucher in their guest profile account for use on 2021/22 products of equal or greater value.
- NEW! Summer Season 2020 COVID-19 Coverage. Qualifying passholders will receive a future use voucher if we are closed because of COVID-19 for 18 days or more, or if there is a 7 or more consecutive day COVID-19-related closure between June 26, 2020 and September 27, 2020.
- NEW! Winter Season 2020/21 COVID-19 Coverage. Qualifying passholders will receive a future use voucher if we are closed because of COVID-19 for 30 days or more, or if there is a 7 or more consecutive day COVID-19-related closure between December 15, 2020 and May 16, 2021. *Please note that we still plan to offer one of the longest seasons in the West, we just aren’t offering protection for early or late season COVID-19 related closures in order to maximize the value of closures during the heart of the season.
- Voucher. All 2019/20 season and multi-day passholders will receive a voucher toward a 2020/21 season or multi-day pass.
- Season and multi-day pass price freeze. No increase from 2019/20 lowest pricing on 2020/21 season, mid-week, 12-day, 4-day passes.
- Refund available — buy with confidence We will issue a full refund before Nov. 20 for any passholder who has not used his/her 2020/21 pass and desires a refund for any reason.
- Pricing extension. Best pricing on 2020/21 season passes has been extended through July 15, 2020.
- Flexible payment plan. A new payment plan for Outplay 365 and season, mid-week and 12-Day passes was created for ease and flexibility.
- Annual subscription pass. Our Outplay 365 all season, unlimited subscription pass allows you to pay monthly with a pro-rated credit applied towards a future month if Mt. Bachelor is closed because of COVID-19 for 14 days or more, or if there is a 7 or more consecutive day COVID-19-related closure in a month. A full month closure would result in a full month credit.
For non-COVID-19-related coverage, the ski area will continue to offer our winter Pass Refund Protection (PRP) Program, which covers unforeseen circumstances that may come up for our guests. COVID-19-related disruptions to operations will be covered by the Passholder Promise In Season COVID-19 Coverage.
All 2020/21 season and multi-day passholders are automatically covered by the Mt. Bachelor Passholder Promise and the new In Season COVID-19 Coverage, which is meant to provide our guests with peace of mind for the duration of the 2020/21 season.