Madras family escapes burning home, no one injured in blaze

A Madras family narrowly escaped their burning home Wednesday by jumping out a bedroom window, according to the Jefferson County Fire Department.

Crews responded to the fire at a home in the 600 block of NE Lakeside Drive just after 6:30 a.m. The fire started in the kitchen which blocked an egress out the front and back door, forcing the family into the bedroom to get out.

First arriving fire crews made sure all members of the home were out safely and made fire attack in the front door. Next arriving crews established a water supply and provided back up.

Firefighters knocked down the fire quickly and crews moved to ventilation, salvage and overhaul. The fire appeared to be caused by water heater malfunction, causing about $50,000 in damage.

 

Join the Conversation

Top Local Stories

  541.749.5151

co-daily