Need to get rid of your hazardous household waste that’s piling up? Deschutes County Solid Waste is hosting a one-day collection Saturday to get rid of it.
The event is at the Deschutes County Fair and Expo Center from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Residents can drop off the following:
- Oil and latex paints and stains
- Thinners, solvents, fuels
- Oil soaked rags and absorbents
- Pool and spa chemicals
- Garden products (herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers, etc.)
- Vehicle fluids (coolants, lubricants, fuels, brake fluid, transmission fluid, etc.)
- Propane tanks and camp stove cylinders
- Aerosols (paints, garden sprays, cleaners, etc.)
- Mercury and Mercury-containing items (thermometers, thermostats, etc.)
- Fluorescent tubes and compact fluorescent bulbs
- Rechargeable batteries
- Household cleaners
What’s not accepted:
- Business-generated hazardous waste
- Medical waste
- Explosives, fireworks, ammunition
- Compressed gas cylinders (propane tanks and cylinders are accepted)
One more event is scheduled for July 15 at La Pine High School, also from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
For more information, call the Department of Solid Waste at (541) 317-3163.