Governor Kate Brown announced the launch of the Coronavirus Small Business Resource Navigator on Thursday.
The website will help connect small businesses to a hotline, financial support and information that will help them stay in business during an unprecedented time.
“My goal is to connect thousands of Oregon’s small businesses with the federal, state, and local financial support available to small businesses dealing with the impacts of COVID-19,” Brown said.
The Resource Navigator will list information on state and regional programs available to small businesses, along with information on the federal stimulus package’s resources.
Business Oregon, an Oregon state agency, will lead the Small Business Resource Navigator, with support from the Oregon Employment Deparmtnet, the Oregon Secretary of State and the Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services.
Business Oregon will staff a Resource Navigator hotline and email to answer questions and help small businesses navigate available resources.
The full press release is available below.
(Portland, OR) — Governor Kate Brown today announced the launch of the Coronavirus Small Business Resource Navigator, which will help connect small businesses to financial support and information they need to stay in business through the COVID-19 crisis.
“My goal is to connect thousands of Oregon’s small businesses with the federal, state, and local financial support available to small businesses dealing with the impacts of COVID-19,” said Governor Brown. “There are potentially billions of dollars available from the CARES Act, and I want Oregon businesses to get their fair share.”
Business Oregon will lead the new Small Business Resource Navigator, with support from several state agencies including the Oregon Employment Department, the Oregon Secretary of State, and the Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services. The Governor’s Jobs and Economy Policy Advisor, Leah Horner, is spearheading the initiative along with the Resource Navigator’s lead manager from Business Oregon, Melisa Drugge. The Resource Navigator will include a hotline and a website containing comprehensive information on key programs for small businesses, available at oregon4biz.com, with access to:
- Small Business Association programs established by the recently passed federal CARES Act, including: the Paycheck Protection Program, Economic Injury Disaster Loans, and Debt Relief programs
- State of Oregon programs, including the Entrepreneurial Development Loan Fund
- Local government programs, such as the South Central Oregon Economic Development Development District Economic Relief Loan Fund for Small Businesses
- More resources will be rapidly added to the Resource Navigator website on an ongoing basis
- A hotline and email will be available for small business owners to get more information on accessing financial support at the local, state, and federal levels
More information on the Resource Navigator is available here: