Duplex unit considered ‘total loss’ in Redmond fire Tuesday afternoon


A Redmond duplex was a “total loss” after a fire Tuesday afternoon, but nobody was injured.

Crews arrived around 2:40 p.m. to find the fire in a small multi-family duplex on the 3100 block of Southwest Volcano Avenue.

After ensuring everyone was out of the structure and there were no immediate rescue needs, firefighters made entry into the garage to knock the main body of the fire down.

Secondary crews searched the inside looking for potential victims in both the unit where the fire was located and the adjacent duplex.

Additional firefighters accessed the attic from the outside and stopped the fire from causing further damage.

The duplex is considered a total loss of around $75,000 with fire, smoke and water damage, while the second side of the duplex was relatively unscathed.

More than a dozen firefighters responded along with one volunteer student.

Mutual aid was provided by the Redmond Police Department, Bend Fire & Rescue, the American Red Cross, Central Electric Co-Op, and Cascade Natural Gas.


Top Local Stories