A shop fire, rollover crash and chest pain call within four minutes of each other Wednesday night had La Pine firefighters, police and medics scrambling
Chief Mike Supkis said just after 7 p.m., the La Pine Rural Fire Protection District responded to a shop fire on Huntington Road. At the same time, firefighters were also responding to a one-car rollover crash, also on Huntington Road. Additionally, La Pine firefighters were responding at the same time to a medical call for chest pain.
The driver of the car in the crash was taken to St. Charles in Bend. No word on the extent of injuries.
Supkis said one of the fire units responding to the car crash was diverted to the shop fire and arrived less than a minute after the 911 call was made. Firefighters knocked down the fire quickly.
LPRFD says the fire was caused by an overloaded electrical circuit. A 50-amp RV shore line was daisy chained to a 30-amp adapter to a 20-amp adapter and plugged into a 15-amp household receptacle. No one was injured in the fire and damage was contained to one wall and the ceiling area.
Image courtesy La Pine Rural Fire Protection District