Brush fire breaks out near Trader Joe’s; transient man cited

A homeless man was cited for accidentally starting a fire Monday near Trader Joe’s.

The brush fire was reported just before 3:30, near where shoppers line up to get into the grocery store on the north side of Bend.

Southbound lanes of Highway 97 were closed briefly as a precaution.

Bend Police say the man accidentally started the fire trying to light a cigarette.

He was cited and released.

FacebooktwittermailFacebooktwittermail

Join the Conversation

Top Local Stories

  541.749.5151

co-daily