The Bend Police Department is warning of a scam involving a fictitious kidnapping of a child in exchange for money.
Bend PD says the suspects are likely working and residing in another country.
• Scammers are believed to do research via social media or
other public information sites found on the internet
• Scammers are calling from international phone numbers
• Scammers will provide information on the location or city of
• Scammers will say child name, to convince the person it is a
• Scammers will demand money through money wire or gift
What you should do if you get a call like this:
• Call or text your child to verify where they are, and not in any danger
• Report this incident to your local law enforcement agency