The wait is just about over for drivers who use the intersection at 15th Street and Wilson Avenue in Bend.
The City of Bend says the new roundabout is set to open sometime Friday. It made that announcement last week, but did not give a specific time for the opening.
The roundabout originally supposed to open in late April, but weather pushed back construction.
>>> Have you checked out Central Oregon Daily News on YouTube? Click here to subscribe and share our videos.
RELATED: Why so many Bend road projects happening at once? Drivers voice opinions.
RELATED: House demolition marks beginning of Wilson Ave. and 15th Street roundabout
The final phase of the Wilson Avenue Corridor Project gets underway Monday. The city says it includes the modernization of Wilson Avenue from Fourth Street through Centennial Street.
The first stage of that final phase will last through this fall and include the following:
- Modernization of Fourth Street through Centennial Street Improvements include:
- Crossing at 5th Street with refuge island to help protect pedestrians
- Dura-curbs used for on-street bike lane protection
- Curb extensions to improve the visibility of pedestrians along Wilson Avenue
- Crosswalk lighting will be added at the 2nd Street and 5th Street pedestrian crossings